At Carbon Financial Partners, we have seven investment principles:
- You should take the minimum risk necessary to achieve your target return.
- Markets work: don’t try to pick shares or managers, just diversify.
- ‘Small’ and ‘value’ companies have higher expected returns than the market.
- Active buying and selling adds significant cost and erodes value.
- Investments that appear too good to be true always are.
- Forecasting is folly.
- Investing is a long-term discipline. Anything else is speculation.